New Product Marketing Strategy Template Step 1: “What problem are you solving with your product?”.
How to use marketing strategy template for a new product development?
Answer the questions from our new product marketing strategy template below .
Write down answers to these questions about your product and product attributes:
1.1. Main goal of the product.
1.3. Product Attributes and Features
- Write down all technical attributes (i.e. size, dimensions, weight and all applicable characterstics of your new product).
- Write down a feature list. Will these features be well understood or do they require explanation? If yes – write down these features explanation.
- Something new?
- Cheaper? Etc.
Will these benefits be accepted as such or do they need explanation? If yes – write down these benefits explanation.
1.5. What Intellectual Property (IP) will be unique?
- What can you patent?
- What is a trade secret you need to protect?
- What will you have to license?
- Have you checked to see if you infringe on others IP?
- Additional technical infrastructure (more servers…)?
- Additional personnel infrastructure..?
What you should have after completing step 1 “All about product”:
- Product Specifications List,
- Written Features and Benefits List,
- Dependency Analysis Results.
With all these documents you are ready to go to Step 2 of marketing strategy template for a new product development (coming soon).