Decision Tree Template For Thinking Managers in a book!
“The Thinking Manager’s Toolbox: Effective Processes for Problem Solving and Decision Making”
By: William J. Altier
Publisher: Oxford University Press, USA,
Templatesforlife Rating: Best in Decision Tree Templates and Analysis category
Focus of this book:
Decision Tree Templates and Analysis
Critical Thinking and Reasoning
Main Points of Decision Analysis for Decision Tree Template:
- The root of the business failure is usually ineffective decision-making processes, and ultimately, bad decisions.
- With the right set of tools and right people you can overcome any business problem
- Even a meeting can be a productive tool for solving a problem
- The major concept steps of Decision Tree Analysis and Template are:
- Define the Decision Statement: purpose and level. A Decision Statement should start with a verb such as “select,”determine,” or “develop.” The choice of which of these three words to use can be important because it can have a subtle yet significant impact on the process.
- Establish Objectives: results, resources, checklists. An objective is a specific, singular description of a desired result or output to be achieved or avoided, or a desired resource or input to be used or avoided.
- Value Objectives: weight.
- Generate Alternatives for Decision Tree Template Analysis.
- Compare and Choose: Satisfaction Scales, Weights x Scores, Total Weighted Scores.
When you need Decision Tree Analysis and Templates:
- Selecting a location and an organization structure.
- Determine how to stifle a cash flow problem that is threatening a division’s life.
- Determine how to standardize widely varying accounting procedures in an organization’s worldwide operations.
- Develop the optimum specifications for a new machine that will extend the product line’s range.
- Decide which government agency should administer a new program.
- Develop an order of attack to resolve a myriad of problems in a new acquisition.
- Decide how to restructure manufacturing operations to eliminate excess capacity brought about by the implementation of a new technology.
- Choose which competitors’ products to license in order expand a product line.
- Decide the best type of sales organization to use in overseas markets.
- And much more!
← More from Decision Tree Templates